Make Art a Family Affair
How do Kids Spell Love... T-I-M-E
Leave a Legacy ... Memories
Yesterday my 25 year old cousin reminisced about a memory we created 15 years ago. I didn't give him one single object... just my time. And he never forgot.
Here's how I did it:
I made Art a family affair.
Click here to buy a Home Study Drawing Course for the family.
Painting by Norman Rockwell
I gathered my young cousins for an Art lesson.
- To learn how artists depict personalities in portraits we studied books about:
- Norman Rockwell
- Marie Cassatt
- Bob Byerly
- Bessie Pease Gutman
- Hint: You can take the kids to a major bookstore with chairs where you can lounge while you read.
- Check the bargain shelf... they frequently have big art books which you can add to your home library.
- I interviewed each child to discover their personality so that we could costume them in attire that reflects their uniqueness.
- We trekked all over the city photographing them in environments that depicted their personality.
Nathan was in 4H and loves his goats.
Rachael, a girly girl posed by the flowers
Lindsey loves horses.
The girls posed in frilly hats and flowery dresses.
- Chose the best photo of each child and blow it up to 11x17 at the copy shop.
- Have those laminated and make them into placemats so each child has their own placemat.
- This memory (and the placemat) will serve as a lasting reminder of your love.
- Kids never forget time you spend with them.
My Home Study Courses
are chocked full of fun ideas like this...
How to create memories and turn them into Art.
How about doing Art
lessons as a Family?
Click here to buy a Home Study Drawing
Course for the family.
Set aside a Family Art Night.
Watch my DVD lessons with the whole family
and draw along in your workbooks.
Put up a bulletin board in the house and have a rotating gallery of the family's art.
- Click here for a Home Study Drawing Course that you can do as a family.
- Type in the discount code FAMILY and get $10 off any Home Study Course.
The code you entered is incorrect. Please try again.