Debbie Crisafulli lost her home in the Sonoma fires and the path back can be brutal... without friends.
I still remember how hard it was to lose stuff that had meaning, a mug from my trip Italy, a scarf i bought as the clock struck midnight after dinner with my friend in the Latin District in Paris, a handmade watch I discovered in a back alley in Venice, signed by the Master who created it..
To go to Bed Bath and Beyond and just fill carts with stuff, is not the same.
I am the perfect person to help Debbie through her recovery, because I know
- The stuff she will need to rebuild, to reclaim and to thrive in the midst of this.
- I plan to send her care packages periodically, to buoy her spirits and let her know she is loved, not only now, but in the future,
- 10 years from now when she's sipping coffee from a mug we sent,
- or writing her blessings in a journal we gave her
- or reading a book that helps one cope with trials
- or wrapping herself in a scarf that makes her feel bandaged in our love
- or laughing at the chicken we replaced for the one she bought during our Art & Culture Tour
I watched Debbie closely when we were at the LIVE event, the kind of things she bought and her taste.
I've already started to buy things for her and if you want to help pay for the care packages her Art Village sends her, please feel free to contribute here.
All the money will go to funding Debbie's NEW ART LIFE.
With an Art Tribe who loves you, supports you and gives you gifts that you can carry forward, you can not only survive but THRIVE in the midst of your trials.
Every morning for 14 years, I eat my egg on a charming plate that one of my students sent me after the fire. I am still being bathed with the love she gave me in my time of need.
Life is not about stuff, but when friends send gifts to rebuild, that takes on a whole new meaning... the new house suddenly turns into a home with memories...
Our gifts will surround her with love everywhere she looks, love that poured out to Debbie in her time of need, to remind her - SHE IS NOT ALONE
Her Art Tribe family will help Debbie walk through this. After all, that's what an Art Village is for; supporting each other, come what may.
If you want to be a part of these care packages, contribute here and I will send you emails with pictures of the care packages we are sending Debbie and her responses.
Thanks for being the best part of our Tribe and showing your love.
Contribute once or frequently, depending on what you feel lead to do.